Carte in stare perfecta.Supracoperta putin deteriorata.
From The Royal Shakespeare Company, this edition of the Complete Works of William Shakespeare combines exemplary textual scholarship with elegant writing and design. Sir Jonathan Bate and Professor Eric Rasmussen, two of today’s most accomplished Shakespearean scholars, lead the expert editorial team. Bate’s excellent general introduction and essays on each play draw on a unique wealth of experience and resources and will help the reader to understand Shakespeare's plays as they were originally intended – as living theatre to be enjoyed and performed.
The text is based on the iconic 1623 First Folio: the first and original Complete Works lovingly assembled by Shakespeare’s fellow actors and the version of Shakespeare’s text preferred by many actors and directors today. The result is a fresh and definitive Complete Works for the twenty-first century that will inspire students, teachers and lovers of Shakespeare everywhere.
* Jargon-free, on-page notes which explain the words or references that are unfamiliar to modern audiences. The editors have spared no blushes and this glossary includes the slang, political references and bawdy humour which have often been either censored or ignored in earlier editions.
* Thought-provoking essays on each play and a superb general introduction by Sir Jonathan Bate;
* A clear, single-column page design, with plenty of space for writing notes;
* Photographs of classic or unusual performances illustrate different interpretations open to actors or directors;
* A key facts 'box' for each play summarizing the plot, major roles, language and sources;
* Chronologies and a genealogy illuminate the relationships between characters;
* The cloth-bound hardback edition features an elegant dust jacket, two red ribbon markers, and is printed on crisp white paper.