Featuring an impressive array of color photographs of some of the most impressive landscapes, including aerial and satelite images, along with numerous detailed regional maps, "Geologica" is a useful resource for the student and an ideal reference book for the home library.
"Geologica" contains fascinating information about Earth's geological past and present:
- Formation of Earth and its geological history
- Geological processes that shaped landforms and life
- Insight into geological time and some of the major changes that have occurred over billions or millions of years
- Supercontinents and how they formed and split apart
- Climate throughout Earth's geological history.
"Geologica" showcases some of the world's most awe-inspiring landforms, including:
- Mt St Helens and its massive eruption in 1980
- Vast ranges including the Himalayas, Alps, Andes and Transantarctic Mountains
- Some of the world's greatest rivers including the Nile, Ganges, Yangtze and Danube
- Hot springs and the tradition of onsen bathing in Japan and taking the waters in the spas of Europe
- Unique geological features such as the Tepuis of Venezuela, Uluru in Austria, the ice deserts of Antarctica, and the East African Rift Valley
- The amazing fjord country of Norway, Alaska and New Zealand.