Welcome Starter a and b is an early-primary course specially designed to meet the needs of pupils in their first years of English language learning. Pupils experience the world through the adventures of two mice, Cecil Mouse and Ellie May, along with the all-time-favourite Masid, the genie!
Welcome Starter a comprises three modules of two units each. It focuses mainly on Listening and Speaking, but also offers pre-writing and pre-reading activities as well as a subtle introduction to the alphabet.
Welcome Starter b comprises three modules of two units each. It provides practice on all four skills. There is also a starter unit on the alphabet.
* presentation of vocabulary through colour flashcards & posters
* songs, chants and games
* Total Physical Response activities
* circle-time activities
* cartoon story in every unit
* introduction to the British way of life
* module check at the end of each module
* traditional story told in rhyme within the Pupil´s Book
* full-colour Activity Book
* nursery songs and rhymes
* board games.
* Teacher´s Book with additional activities and games
* fully dramatised audio CDs
* fully animated DVD
* puppet (Masid).