The sixth edition of this best-selling dictionary ensures students produce more accurate English both in writing and speaking with 230,000 words, phrases and meanings. Now with expanded Grammar information, students get extra help with grammar patterns and using the correct tenses. The integrated Collocations Dictionary shows learners which words to use together, while the integrated Thesaurus helps them to expand their vocabulary. Register Notes focus on the differences between spoken and written English. The brand new online resources offer the entire content of the dictionary plus additional innovative functionality to facilitate customisable teaching and learning, and a wealth of practice so that users focus on the words that they want to learn.
- 230,000 words, phrases and meanings - more than any other advanced learner's dictionary
- 165,000 examples based on real, natural English from the Longman Corpus Network
- Clear definitions written using only 2,000 common words.
- The top 3,000 most frequent words in spoken and written English are highlighted to show which are the most important to know.
- NEW Integrated Collocations Dictionary. Over 65,000 collocations will improve students' fluency.
- NEW Integrated Thesaurus. Over 18,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words will improve vocabulary range.
- NEW Register Notes focus on the differences between spoken and written English.
- Academic Word List highlighted.
- Grammar and warning notes ensure that students avoid common errors.
- NEW text design ensures students can find information fast.
The Longman Vocabulary Trainer tests your knowledge of a word - its meaning, grammar, collocation and usage - then remembers how well you know that word. The word is then recycled and retested at different intervals so the word is never forgotten!
You can download the Longman Vocabulary Trainer to your mobile phone to make the most of learning on the go!