A resource book which starts from ideas and guides students to the words needed to express them.
- Allows the user to go from the known to the unknown, by grouping vocabulary around 640 keywords.
- Shows words related by meaning and use: synonyms, opposites, derivatives, the verbs to go with the nouns, etc.
- Gives all the words needed to talk about a particular subject: invaluable for preparing a talk, planning an essay or writing a letter.
- Provides Topic Areas which suggest a framework for systematic vocabulary expansion.
- Helps with structures and linguistic problem areas.
- An ideal resource for revision.
Hugh Trappes-Lomax has been involved in English language teaching since 1964, when he started his career as a volunteer in a teacher training college in Kenya. Most of his working life has been divided between East Africa, including eight years at the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Edinburgh, where he is currently Deputy Director, with particular responsibility for research, at the Institute for Applied Language Studies. His main professional interests are in discourse analysis, English grammar and usage, and language in education.
Scrie un review