English level: Intermediate and above (B1-C2)
This new edition will give students help with synonyms, allowing them to decide whether a phrasal verb or a single-word verb is the more appropriate choice.
- The dictionary gives students the information they need to understand over 6,000 common British and American phrasal verbs, and use them correctly.
- Clear, simple definitions, with examples to show how phrasal verbs are used.
- Usage notes dealing with common problems help learners avoid typical mistakes.
- Synonyms and opposites help learners build their vocabulary.
- Common subjects and objects are shown to help learners use the verbs appropriately.
- 25 pages of tips and photocopiable exercises for classroom or individual practice.
- "Guide to the Particles" explains the most important meanings of the main adverbs and prepositions used in phrasal verbs to help learners see patterns.